The start of summer signals a few things: the sun stays out for longer, the nights get balmier, and we get to switch off for a much-needed break. It also marks the beginning of the festive season, which will be a little different in 2020 but even sweeter since it’s a chance to play around with party makeup for the first time this year.
To inspire you, we’ve put together a step-by-step guide to 4 holiday makeup looks. The best bit: they all use vegan makeup from our brand-new holiday collection!
Look 1: The all-natural glow
Heading to a day soiree? Save your smokey eyes and bold lips for after-dark events and go for gorgeous, luminous makeup.
The goal for no-makeup makeup is to show off your skin while disguising any imperfections, such as redness and blemishes. It’s easy to achieve, too.
Here are the steps to getting a natural glow:
1. The secret to nailing the no-makeup makeup look is all in the prep. Before you even open your makeup bag, nourish your skin and give it a dose of antioxidants. Start by deep-cleansing your skin with the Phytofuse Renew Camellia Oil Cleanser, which lifts all impurities and unclogs pores without stripping the skin. Then, follow up with the Phytofuse Renew Maca Root Day Cream. The hardworking day cream seals in moisture and creates a protective barrier for soft, soothed skin. You can find both items in the Moroccan Days Set from our Holiday Collection.
2. Give your skincare a minute to absorb, and then apply the Certified Organic BB Cream with your fingers or the Vegan Foundation Brush.
The formula offers lightweight coverage and smooths and evens out the skin, leaving you with a radiant glow. It’s buildable, too, so you can apply another layer or two if you wish.
3. Apply the Certified Organic Perfection Concealer to the areas you need it most, like under the eyes and around the nose.
A little goes a long way, so apply a small amount of the full-coverage concealer
and pat it in with your fingertips.
4. Add a rosy flush to your cheeks.
Dab our shiny-new Lip & Cheek Cream
to the apples of your cheeks, and blend it in. Formulated with sweet almond oil and vitamin E, this Lip & Cheek Cream hydrates and protects the skin for comfortable, all-day wear.
5. Groom your brows and accentuate your lashes with the help of the Sultry Eyes Set.
Use the dual-sided Brow Perfector
Brush to shape unruly brows, and then lengthen and volumise your lashes with a coat of the Bold Lash Mascara
Look 2: Show-stopping eyes
If you have an evening event coming up, amp up the drama with a smokey eye. The good news is that it’s simpler than you might think.
This year, metallic eyeshadows are trending, and this vibrant Moroccan eye makeup look is sure to turn heads.
Here’s how to do a smokey eye:
1. Choose a metallic shade from our Party Eyes Eyeshadow trio.
There are three shades to choose from: quartz, emerald and bronze, and they’re all highly-pigmented for maximum colour payoff.
2. Apply your eyeshadow over the entire eyelid.
Use the eyeshadow brush from the Vegan Makeup Brush
Set to blend in the product.
3. Define the lower lash line with the Certified Organic Vegan Eyeliner Pencil in Coco.
The creamy eyeliner glides on without tugging, and will smoke out your lower lash line for a dramatic effect.
4. Brush your brows and apply a generous coat of mascara.
The Sultry Eyes Set has the two products you need. Use the Brow Perfector Brush to brush your brows upward while adding a hint of colour, and finish with the lengthening, volumising Bold Lash Mascara.
Look 3: Nighttime glamour
Some events during the festive season call for polished, full-coverage makeup. This look is surprisingly easy to achieve, and uses all natural and vegan products that won’t clog your pores (even when you’re wearing a mask to and from the event).
Follow these steps:
1. After your skincare routine, apply an even layer of the Certified Organic Liquid Foundation.
Dot a little foundation on your forehead, cheeks and chin, and blend outwards for an even, natural finish. This foundation is packed with Hyaluronic Acid to plump your skin and give it a healthy glow without settling into any fine lines or pores.
2. Cover up imperfections with the Full Coverage Concealer.
The creamy formula works well under the eyes and on any breakouts or redness. It has a buttery texture and doesn’t cake or crease, so you won’t need to worry about touching up throughout the night.
3. Add definition with the Baked Contour Duo.
Contouring sounds intimidating, but really, it’s all about highlighting the high points of your face — like the cheekbones! To sculpt your face, dust the darker contour powder along the hollows of your cheek, the sides of the nose and under the chin and neck with the Sculptor Brush. Then, switch to the highlighter and apply a little to your nose, brow bones, cheekbones and cupid’s bow.
4. Add a pop of colour to the eyes.
The Sahara Sand Dunes Limited Edition Set
has an Eyeshadow Quad Palette in Mirage that’s perfect for creating a subtle yet beautiful bronzed-eye look.
5. Lengthen your lashes with the Long Lash Vegan Mascara.
This bestselling mascara coats your lashes with an intense, long-lasting colour, and boosts length and volume. It’s made with 100% plant-based ingredients, so it's suitable for even those with sensitive eyes.
6. Finish with a swipe of lipstick.
Reach for either of the lipsticks in the Sahara Sand Dunes Limited Edition Set. Sand Dunes is a gorgeous nude shade, while Soft Coral will give your pout a rosy sheen.
Look 4: Bronzed beauty
Nothing says “summer holidays” like warm, bronze makeup. From sunny days to balmy nights, this look will carry you through the Australian summer and the full social calendar that comes with it.
This effortless makeup look is easy to emulate in just a handful of steps.
1. Prime your skin with the Radiant Glow Veil.
During the warmer months, it’s essential to apply a primer to ensure your makeup lasts longer. This lightweight primer is new, and dropped just in time for summer. It smooths skin’s texture, and leaves it with a dewy finish. It also doubles as an illuminator!
2. Apply the Loose Mineral Foundation SPF25 with the Vegan Kabuki Brush.
Dip your brush into the powder, tap off any excess product and buff onto the face until you're happy with the level of coverage. The foundation with SPF blends easily to cover breakouts, scarring and pigmentation, and contains titanium and zinc oxide to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
3. Use the Baked Mineral Bronzer and Powder Brush to warm up your complexion.
For a sunkissed look, apply it to the areas where the sun naturally hits your face, like your cheekbones, nose and forehead. Then, dust a little bronzer on your eyelids to even out the skin.
4. Press the Loose Mineral Eyeshadow in Copper Crush over your eyelids.
The highly-pigmented copper eyeshadow delivers colour that will last all day, and is suitable for sensitive eyes.
5. Draw attention to the lips.
The Luscious Lips Duo
from our Holiday Collection is all you need. Use the Certified Organic Lipstick Crayon in Rose Nude to line and fill the lips. Finish off your pout with a single swipe of the Lip Glaze in Blossom for a little shine. Both shades are neutral, so they’ll flatter all skin tones.
Add party-worthy products to your makeup bag
It’s the season of giving, but that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself, too. Shop these holiday makeup looks online, and keep your skin happy and healthy with all-natural and vegan ingredients.